EDCTP Awards 2016 + Call for experts | Applications until 01.08.2016 and 12.09.2016
The European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) annually assigns the “EDCTP Awards,” recognizing the merit of personalities and of African and European research teams in the promotion of scientific research, health and cooperation between Europe and Africa.
To this end, until August 1 is open the deadline for applications to the “EDCTP Awards 2016” for the awards:
- Scientific Leadership Award – 10.000€
- Outstanding Female Scientist Award – 20.000€
- Outstanding Research Team Award – 50.000€
Applicants must be nationals of a country in sub-Saharan Africa or the EU or Horizon 2020 Associated Country.
The awards ceremony will take place on the 8th Forum of EDCTP, which takes place this year in Lusaka (Zambia), on 6 to 9 November.
At the same time, the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC), which is the main advisory body of the EDCTP has made a call on experts from various fields and sectors, representing the fields and the different aspects regarding clinical trials in scope of neglected infectious diseases and poverty related. The purpose of this call is to recruit 8 to 10 new members to join the SAC from January 2017 with knowledge and skills in at least one of these áreas:
- PRNIDs in the scope of the EDCTP2 remit
- Clinical trials and clinical research, especially in sub-Saharan Africa
- Research capacity strengthening and training
- Public health (including epidemiology, biostatistics, health economics, global health, maternal and child health and implementation research)
- Product development, especially in an industry setting
- Post registration safety and effectiveness programmes
- Social and behavioural sciences within the disease remit of EDCTP2
- Clinical regulatory affairs
Applications to join the SAC must be submitted by September 12, by filling out this application form.
The SAC has a particularly important role in advising the General Council and the EDCTP Executive Secretariat, as well as supervising the scientific integrity of the EDCTP program.
In this connection, until 15 October 2016, the European Commission held a public consultation on the implementation of EDCTP2 program during 2014-2016. Do not miss this opportunity to contribute with your opinion on the implementation of this program, helping in monitoring this program.
Published on 21.07.2016